As Dudley has this issue with a girth, I thought, best to do some bare back riding before the challenge of saddle and a rider together. I have hardly ever ridden bare back, so I have approached this ‘softly, softly’ and over many sessions. Session one and two, no relevance to the topic of this article. Session three, a major tail swish when walking around, hmmm, I hardly thought it was ‘resistance’ per se, took a mental note. Next session, everything cruising along, session after, a major tail swish, but I know I had lost my poise and leaned badly to the side, and recalled much the same thing the time before. The two tail swishes were both related to my leaning sidewards and not correcting myself very well, not that Duds was trying to do something I didn’t want him to do, ie, not resistance.
- What can dogs see? November 23, 2017
- Book sourcing November 17, 2017
- Tracking November 17, 2017
- PAIRS database – under re-development June 1, 2017
- PAIRS FORM change of contact details for an owner or breeder June 1, 2017